Data Engineer (Shanghai)
As a Data Engineer, you will be tasked with transforming data into a format that can be easily analysed and used to empower critical decision-making for cross functional teams. You will generate this data by developing, maintaining and testing our current infrastructures, while optimising data flow and collection.
Our next Data Engineer should be organized, analytical and have an amazing ability to turn raw data into information that is easy to digest and comprehend. You are experienced in data pipeline building, and enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You should be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. Our ideal candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimising or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you will do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into product improvements/innovations, customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
What you will need
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with MongoDB
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
In return, you get to work in a tight, close-knit environment that treasures collaboration and openness. Here, Ideas are valued purely on their merit – not by the ranks of the people who raise them. We do not subscribe to creating a “corporate culture” but instead we enjoy building a business founded on excellence, fun and creativity.
The people who succeed with us are most clearly defined by their competency and humility. These are the values that are most important to us, and we expect this of every team member at StoreHub starting with our leadership team.
If this is something that you resonate with, we’d love to meet you. Join us in building a new kind of organization, one that is built upon the foundations of excellence, fun and creativity. We look forward to hearing from you!
Check out our GlassDoor reviews https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/StoreHub-Reviews-E1473638.htm