Digital Content Writer
Is your written English faultless?
Do your friends accuse you of being a Grammar Nazi?
Do you love creating and consuming digital content in a variety of formats?
We’re looking for Digital Content Writer who has a strong background in scaled content writing across a variety of mediums. As digital content writer, you’ll be working closely with the Digital Marketing team, supporting campaigns around acquisition and customer engagement with high quality content.
If you have a strong command of the English language and experience creating content for digital format - we want you. Within the StoreHub Marketing team, we believe in hiring and growing t-shaped team members. As content writer, you will be expected to not only have a strong content background, but also possess (or develop) basic marketing skills to be able to amplify the content you create.
Brownie points if you’ve got any industry-specific experience, or can write beautifully in multiple languages.
What you will do
- Brainstorm with the Marketing team to come up with multi-format / multi-channel content ideas from blogs, to infographics and videos.
- Produce high quality content for a variety of mediums (video, audio, written, published, etc) at scale and with flair
- Apply SEO principles to all written content to create content that is both engaging, and high-ranking.
- Implement the content strategy as set by the marketing team in order to increase web traffic, customer / audience engagements, or for lead generation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on projects and briefs
- Proofread and copy-edit content at speed, while retaining brand voice
- Work with tools and data from a variety of analytical platforms to inform your copy approach
What you will need
- MUST HAVE: Faultless written English with impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation
- An obsession for detail. Our writers are expected to take a meticulous approach to content creation, with a focus on accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Linguistics, Philosophy, Journalism, or any equivalent degree
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS
- Familiarity with CMS platforms such as Wordpress
- Experience converting visitors to customers through content
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates strong writing skills for a variety of mediums
- Highly committed with a proactive, can-do attitude
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Developed organisational, planning and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with a genuine interest to make a difference in a growing business.
- Excellent command of Bahasa Malaysia (written and oral)
- Familiarity with UI/UX
- Familiarity / direct experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Video editing / graphic design skills
- Experience using social media channels to amplify content
All applications must come with a writing portfolio or 1-2 writing submissions
We ask for hard work and dedication from all of our employees. In return we provide them with:
- Free Friday lunches
- Company sponsored monthly outings
- Medical and Dental Outpatient Visits
- Macbooks for everyone
- Recreation space complete with a Ping Pong table, PlayStation 4 and VR Headset
- Fully stocked fridge and kitchen
We get lots of work done! We just also believe that as long as our employees are happy (and fed) they will be well equipped to give their best each and everyday. Check out our GlassDoor reviews https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/StoreHub-Reviews-E1473638.htm